[cisco-voip] MGCP and FXS Ports tied to RightFax

Brian Henry Brian.Henry at apptis.com
Mon May 14 16:25:29 EDT 2007

I have a CCM 4.3(1) with a 2821 running 12.4(11)T MGCP controlled.  There are 3 PRI's coming into the system and 12 FXS ports tied to Caparis RightFax Server 9.X.
Calls come into CCM just fine and all call routing works even to the RightFax server through RL-->RG configuration that I have route patterns pointing to from within CCM.

Call Flow goes PSTN-->2821-MGCP(PRI)-->CCM(4.3(1))-->2821-MGCP(FXS Ports)-->Caparis-RightFax.

The faxes are getting to the server, however it is placing them in a default account because there is no DTMF being passed to it according to running the card in debug mode.  So no ANI nor DNIS.

I was thinking of going to H323 to make this work if needed but would like to stick with MGCP if possible.

Should I switch the "MGCP" command from dtmf out of band to other parameters
or
Will I have to enable Fax-Relay and not passthrough to get this to see the DTMF digits ANI/DNIS?

Thanks

Brian