[cisco-voip] Regular 911 Testing

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Thu May 17 18:42:51 EDT 2007

We do a test call usually as part of monthly maintenance but only if we've
patched something in the call path. for instance if all I do is patch
voicemail and antivirus one month, I won't bother the PSAP people with a 911
call.

They are very cooperative when I do call, they even help test callback
through CER when I ask them to.

On 5/17/07, Stu Packett <spackett at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do any of you do regular 911 testing?  For us, we do a monthly 911 call,
> but I wanted to know if there was a more effective way of ensuring that 911
> calls will go out.  What methods are you using?  Thanks in advance.

Ed Leatherman
Senior Voice Engineer
West Virginia University
Telecommunications and Network Operations