[cisco-voip] SIP extensions and JTAPI

Rob list at monach.com
Fri May 18 04:12:55 EDT 2007

Hi

Can anyone tell me whether I can monitor a SIP extension through JTAPI?

Basically we currently have Cisco softphones connected to CCM 3.3. We have
an application that monitors the softphones through JTAPI. We're now looking
to swap the Cisco softphone for a SIP softphone. My understanding is that we
will require to register the softphones with a SIP Proxy and configure a SIP
trunk in CCM (we will upgrade to v4). My question is, can we monitor the SIP
extension from JTAPI in the same manner that we could using the Cisco
softphone? That is, make a call, drop a call, receive call progress
messages, etc.

Thanks for your help,

Rob