[cisco-voip] SIP extensions and JTAPI

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Fri May 18 09:08:33 EDT 2007

If the SIP endpoint were registering with CM (5.x) then my guess is
you could do it.  I seriously doubt Jtapi can control an extension
that CM only knows about via SIP trunk.

-Ryan

On May 18, 2007, at 4:12 AM, Rob wrote:

Hi

Can anyone tell me whether I can monitor a SIP extension through JTAPI?

Basically we currently have Cisco softphones connected to CCM 3.3. We
have an application that monitors the softphones through JTAPI. We’re
now looking to swap the Cisco softphone for a SIP softphone. My
understanding is that we will require to register the softphones with
a SIP Proxy and configure a SIP trunk in CCM (we will upgrade to v4).
My question is, can we monitor the SIP extension from JTAPI in the
same manner that we could using the Cisco softphone? That is, make a
call, drop a call, receive call progress messages, etc.

Thanks for your help,

Rob