[cisco-voip] CNAME via H.323

Zilk, David David_Zilk at adp.com
Mon May 21 14:54:59 EDT 2007

I have come up with a method to correctly send Caller Name information
received via ISDN Facility IE when using H.323 to communicate with Call
Manager, at least in some telco configurations.

This is accomplished by installing a TCL script on the voice gateway
router.  In general, the TCL script intercepts the call, and before
sending it on to the dial-peer, copies the CNAME info into the field
supported by Call Manager in the H.323 communication.

I have tested it in the situation where the Facility IE message is sent
as a separate IE, after the initial call setup, and am interested in
seeing how this script works in other telco environments.  I will make
it available to anyone who wants it, if they are willing to send me some
debugs from the router it is installed on.

Please email me directly at david_zilk at adp.com, and I will respond back
with the script and instructions for implementing it.

David Zilk

Network Engineer

ADP Dealer Service