[cisco-voip] Messages softkey

Kelemen Zoltan keli at carocomp.ro
Wed May 23 07:46:57 EDT 2007

Hi!

I hqave some 7911G (and 7906G) Cisco IP phones, right now on a CCME.

is there a way to disable the "Messages" softkey in either CallManager,
or CCME? Right now I have a CCME, that does not have any voicemail
setup, but the Msgs button insists to stay on-screen.

The ephone-template -> softkeys configuration options don't even include
the Msgs softkey, so I can't enable/disable it, neither can I move it
around. It seems it gets placed automatically in the third position, or
less if only one other softkey is defined in the template.

The telephony-service configuration does not include voicemail. IOS is
C2800NM-SPSERVICESK9-M, Version 12.4(11)T, obviously, with CCME 4.0(2)

As far as I recall, I found it similarly close to impossible to remove
it from CallManager as well.

Thanks,
  Zoltan