[cisco-voip] 7970 running SCCP70.8-2-2SR2S resets on CCM 5.0.4.2000-1

Candace Holman holman at post.harvard.edu
Fri May 25 10:39:00 EDT 2007

We saw this happening a number of times and found it was coincident with a
DHCP lease expiration period.  Running Ethereal traces on the phones
confirmed that it reset after a DHCP interaction, and hard coding the IP
address was the workaround.  You could try that while waiting for a solution
or better explanation.

You could also try moving the phone or switch port to another network to see
the behavior is specific to an underprovisioned network.