[cisco-voip] Catalyst 6500 switch as Voice Gateway

Linsemier, Matthew MLinsemier at apcapital.com
Fri May 25 14:34:39 EDT 2007

Could I ask what application the customer is planning on using these 60
FXO's for?  It's pretty cost prohibitive in most markets to run so many
analog circuits.  I think we calculated that the cutoff on FXO vs. PRI
was around 12 lines in Michigan.  Costs isn't the only thing to consider
either.  Remember that each line will need to be separately tweaked at
the gateway which could make it a management / troubleshooting
nightmare.  Additionally, there are several "digital" services that
simply aren't available in the analog world.

Matt