[cisco-voip] 7911 factory default reset

keli at carocomp.ro keli at carocomp.ro
Sat May 26 05:01:21 EDT 2007

Hi!

I have a 7911G phone, with POE, that had problems starting up - got
stock in the DHCP phase. It seemd like bad cabling, but it behaved the
same plugged directly into the switch (Cisco POE switch).

So I tried a factory reset, but it won't recover. I'm not sure wether
I completed the procedure correctly though:
  - reset the phone with the # pressed
  - then press 123456789*#0 in sequence

The prone now enters the "Upgrading" phase, reboots, with a circle
icon (bullet?) in the lower left corner (where normally a checked
checkbox resides) then it begins the upgradeing proces all over again.

In the mean time, it recieves an IP adress from DHCP and can be pinged
for a shor while.

How do I exit this loop?

thanks,
   Zoltan