[cisco-voip] Called Number=(TON=Unknown, NPI=Unknown)

Paul Choi asobihoudai at yahoo.com
Thu May 31 02:37:53 EDT 2007

I have a very odd problem on a 2600 gateway running
12.4(7d). With TAC's assistance to fix ANOTHER very
odd problem where the gateway would interpret "*" as
44 or "D" thereby not letting users sign into Unity, I
upgraded the IOS on this gateway.

Now I have another problem...I have a 7940 with 4000
on one line and 4003 on another.

When I dial the 4000 number, the call goes through
fine. When I call 4003, the gateway's dest= field
under debug voice ccapi inout is blank and I get a
fast busy.

dialing 4003...
   Interface=0x8489B314, Call Info(
   Calling Number=(TON=Unknown, NPI=Unknown,
Screening=Not Screened, Presentation=Allowed),
   Called Number=(TON=Unknown, NPI=Unknown),
   Calling Translated=FALSE, Subscriber Type
Str=RegularLine, FinalDestinationFlag=FALSE,
   Incoming Dial-peer=100, Progress
Indication=ORIGINATING SIDE IS NON ISDN(3), Calling IE
Present=FALSE,
   Source Trkgrp Route Label=, Target Trkgrp Route
Label=, CLID Transparent=FALSE), Call Id=-1

dialing 4000...
   Interface=0x846A8394, Interface Type=1,
Destination=, Mode=0x0,
   Call Params(Calling Number=(TON=Unknown,
NPI=Unknown, Screening=Not Screened,
Presentation=Allowed),
   Called Number=9964000(TON=Unknown, NPI=Unknown),
Calling Translated=FALSE,
   Subscriber Type Str=RegularLine,
FinalDestinationFlag=FALSE, Outgoing Dial-peer=1, Call
Count On=FALSE,
   Source Trkgrp Route Label=, Target Trkgrp Route
Label=, tg_label_flag=0, Application Call Id=)

Have any of you encountered this very odd issue?

All other phones at this office are functioning
properly and *internal* calls from within the office
can dial 4003 without issue. It's calls external to
the cluster coming from the PSTN that don't work at
all.

Paul