[cisco-voip] Cisco Telepresence interoperability

Joris Arts | Speechworks Consultancy jarts at speechworks.nl
Mon Nov 3 13:31:40 EST 2008

Dear all,

We have a Cisco Telepresence infrastructure, using a mix of TP1000 and
TP3000 systems with a CTMS multipoint switch for multipoint conferences.

We would like to be able to use our Cisco Telepresence systems to connect to
regular H323 video devices outside of our company (obviously we would loose
the Telepresence experience for those connections).

 I am now working on the high-level architecture for such a deployment.
As far as I understand, we would need:

- All TP systems (TP1000 and TP3000) upgraded to release > 1.3 that supports
the H323 interoperability feature.

- an additional Cisco 35XX MCU for mixing the TP streams with the H323 video
streams

- probably a H323 or SIP gateway to connect the video stream from the MCU to
the H323 device outside of our company.

Is there anyone that knows what is required for this scenario or has
experience in doing this? In particular I am looking for information on the
H323/SIP gateway.

All ideas are greatly appreciated,

Joris Arts

Speechworks Consultancy