[cisco-voip] ARC Attdenant Console

Bennie Grant Bennie.Grant at mettoni.com
Fri Nov 7 08:15:56 EST 2008

I'm with Arc Solutions, so can probably answer any queries you have
around functionality etc - let me know what you need to know. To answer
your initial queries:

1) Arc is a CTI application, which means that our functionality is all
around call control, as well as enhanced operator features such as
Directory Integration etc

2) The Arc application cannot monitor trunk status as this cannot be
done via CTI - we usually recommend Cisco's RTMT Tool. We find that
although this is traditionally an Operator's function, in CUCM/IPT
environments this responsibility usually moves to the IT/Telecoms team
as a part of the management of the telephony system

3) We have a feature called "XML Whisper Page", which is designed as an
enhanced "Barge/Whisper" feature. Essentially, the Operator can send a
message to the XML display on the users IP Phone, with or without a call
behind it. If the message is sent with a call, the IP Phone user has the
option to decide what to do with the call - i.e. take it, camp it on,
send it to voicemail. If the operator sends a message to the IP Phone
user without a call behind it (i.e. Visitor for you in Reception), then
the IP Phone user has the option to reply and let the Operator know they
will be 5 minutes (etc etc). For both scenarios, if the IP Phone user
does not respond to the message, the call comes back to the Operator
after a configured period of time. Group paging is also available for
both scenarios

Let me know if you need any more information - we are a global company
with offices around the world - I could put you in touch with our local
office if you let me know where you are located?

Thanks