[cisco-voip] CUCM - Engineering Special firmware versions

Jason Roysdon cisco-voip.20081105 at jason.roysdon.net
Fri Nov 7 14:00:33 EST 2008

Ed,
I'm not speaking authoritatively, but I don't believe ES bump the
firmware on devices.  Those firmware updates would come in DevPacks or
individual phone firmware update downloads.

The release notes are linked to the first download page when you click
on the initial link for the ES.  Just looking real fast at one, ES
6.1(2.1112.2) just gives a summary of what you should install it for,
and not typical release notes of what is fixed.

I would not install an ES unless directed to do so by TAC or if you have
a specific bug that you know it'll fix.  The warning in the Readme tells
you, "This engineering special (ES) has not been fully regression
tested."  I've had a number of poorly written ES break things or not
clean up after themselves properly or make it so upgrading after
required a lot of TAC work.

Jason Roysdon