[cisco-voip] Regions in CCME

omar parihuana omar.parihuana at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 14:51:08 EST 2008

Jason,

Thank for your response. I'm trying to explain with more details:

Actually, I don't have CCM/CUCM cluster, only one CCME with 15 IP Phones,
now we're implementing a new very small office with 10 IP Phones.  In the
new office only a conventional router will be used so the new IP Phones will
register to current CCME. So I would like to configure the new IP Phones for
use G729 when tha call acroos the WAN and G711 when the calls are within the
new office.

Thanks.

Rgds.

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Jason Roysdon <
cisco-voip.20081105 at jason.roysdon.net> wrote:

> Omar,
> How will you be connecting the CCME to a CCM/CUCM cluster?  I would do
> it as an h323 gateway and with a "dial-peer ... voice" with a
> "session-target ipv4:" statement, and in the dial-peer you can define
> the codec(s) to use with a codec statment or list (such as "voice-class
> codec 1" where you define the codec list above above).
>
> Jason Roysdon
>
> omar parihuana wrote:
> > Hi List,
> >
> > Actually I have a CCME running and up, in the next days I'm going to
> > install a new router in remote site there are about 10 IP Phones. So I
> > need to calculate the BW between HDQ and remote site. Currently we use
> > g711 but I believe that in remote site I should use G729. In CCM exist
> > the concept of regions, in order to determine which codec to use when
> > the call acroos one region to other region. is there the same concept in
> > CCME? how can I configure the remote site/CCME in order to use G729 when
> > the calls acroos from branch to HDQ?
> >
> > Thanks for your suggestion...
> >
> > Rgds.
> >
> > --