[cisco-voip] Cluster servers: Cisco Unified Communications Manager Capacity Tool V4.1

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Sat Nov 8 22:22:47 EST 2008

I have seen 7500 phones on a single server.  It was for testing purposes
so they were all basic phones with single lines and no shared lines.
Note that there specifically was no security enabled.  Security cuts
scalability significantly.  Also note this was testing on CM6.1(2).
There are several defects in earlier 5.x and 6.x versions that very
specifically limited scalability.

7500 phones on a single server represents 100% utilization.  Generally
that is not a good way to start a deployment.

/Wes