[cisco-voip] Cluster servers: Cisco Unified Communications Manager Capacity Tool V4.1

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Sat Nov 8 11:52:19 EST 2008

We have about 7500 end devices not including CTI ports. We have a dedicated publisher and TFTP server (no registered devices) plus 4 subscribers. We have these split across two computer rooms. We probably could have gone with less, but the incremental cost of the hardware let's us sleep better. If one computer room were to completely go dark, we have two subscribers to maintain the almost 4000 devices on the remaining two and not worry about publisher or tftp server being overloaded.

In the grand scheme of things with a deployment over 5000 phones an extra subscriber or two is peanuts compared to the overall cost. Grab an HP/IBM instead of Cisco badged and the cost goes down further.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)
"Bad grammar makes me [sic]" - Tshirt