[cisco-voip] Extensiom Mobility redundancy in cluster over WAN

keli at carocomp.ro keli at carocomp.ro
Tue Nov 11 03:39:16 EST 2008

I'm trying to figure out the best way (or rather a working way) for EM
redundancy in a cluster over WAN setup. It's a 6.1(2) cluster, so EM
should work even when the first node is down.

I've read the SRND, but the solution therein doesn't works for me completely:

- I can have a virtual IP through SLB for server failure resiliency
- I can add multiple service URLs for extension mobility login/logout.
Though this could be somewhat confusing for users, if it adds to the
reliability, the better.

However, a SLB IP still has to reside on a router on either side of
the WAN. What to do in the case of a WAN failure? How Can I ensure
that EM will still work on both sides of the WAN (there are only two
major sites, btw) in case of a complete WAN outage?

Since EM is extensively used here this would be rather important to be
reliable.

thanks,
   Zoltan