[cisco-voip] Extensiom Mobility redundancy in cluster over WAN

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Tue Nov 11 12:12:44 EST 2008

the key here is to make the extension mobility URL redundant. there are
a couple options for that:
1. redundant dns - em service url uses hostname. phones do dns lookup
against local dns server.  dns server returns IP of reachable cm server
2. SLB feature in content switches and c6k - establish a virtual IP on
your switch. the virtual IP redirects to whatever backend server is
currently online/available.

I believe this is discussed in the CM6.x SRND at
http://www.cisco.com/go/srnd with the advent of "user facing features"
redundancy.

Regards,
Wes