[cisco-voip] Vista Compatibility

Micah Bennett mbennett at als-xtn.com
Wed Nov 12 10:30:44 EST 2008

Hello All.

This has been discussed a few times in the past but I wanted to see if
there were any new updates.

Here is our current setup:

Call Manager 4.2(3) (Pub, Sub, Sub)
Contact Center Express (IPCCX) 4.0(5)SR2ES2 (High Availability)
Unity Vmail 4.2

Right now all of our call center PCs are running Windows XP and IE7.

Today we have Cisco Agent Desktop version 6.1(5) Build 6.1.4.5.

I understand that this version is not compatible with Vista.

To get a newer version of CAD to work with Vista, I have to go to a
newer version of IPCCX.
To get to a newer version of IPCCX, I have to go to a newer version of
CCM.
My call center would like to have some features such as Email and Web
Integration that it seems are only supported on the newest version of
IPCCX 7.0.

Are my statements and assumptions above correct?

If we move our call center PCs to Vista that is going to start a whole
chain reaction of upgrade requirements for our entire CCM / IPCCX
Cluster?

Thanks

Micah Bennett
Telecommunications Admin