[cisco-voip] Upgrade 4.1(3) to 6.1(2) with cluster split

Dave Wolgast dwolgas1 at rochester.rr.com
Wed Nov 12 13:31:11 EST 2008

I currently have a cluster of 7 servers (7835) running CUCM 4.1(3).  We have
8 new servers which will run 6.1(2), and our single existing cluster will be
divided into two to segregate CTI traffic for the Call Center.

Does anyone have a recommendation for the best methodology to follow for
this upgrade?  We would like to build the 2 clusters in the sandbox with all
of the migrated information and licensing in place, then cut all at once if
possible.

What is the best way to handle getting DLUs generated.  DMA would generate a
single license file...we need 2 files.  Do I have to build these new
servers/clusters on 4.1 first then DMA them?

I apologize if this has been covered and I missed it.

--
Dave Wolgast
Livonia, NY