[cisco-voip] Using VMware Converter on Unity

Monica Hardy Monica.Hardy at openwave.com
Fri Nov 14 12:04:20 EST 2008

I have a very old hardware running Unity 4.02.  I need to upgrade to
4.05 to be able

to run the Cobras tool in order to get the data off of this VM server
and move it to

the new Unity server hardware & software.  I would like to accomplish
this using VMware

Converter and doing the upgrade off of the production box.

Has anyone used VMware Converter with Unity (Cisco Windows) before?
What are my chances of it crashing the system

or causing to lockup?

I am checking to see if I have the software to just install 4.02 on the
new server and

then upgrade and run the same thing on the new server that is not yet in
production.

Is there any other way to accomplish this?

-Monica

Monica P. Hardy

Openwave

Sr. Network Engineer