[cisco-voip] Changing the IP address of CUCM 6.1 subscribers

Nick csvoip at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 14 12:22:02 EST 2008

I need to build a subscriber in one location and then ship it to different
location and change the IP address.

I have just read the following document but I'm not clear on whether I
should?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/6_1_1/ipchange/ipchg611.html

1) Build the subscriber then change the IP address at location 1 while it is
still on line, reboot the cluster then power down the subscriber and ship it
to location 2.

or

2) Build the subscriber, power it down, ship it to location 2, then proceed
with the IP address change, then reboot the cluster.