[cisco-voip] Building a Cisco Voice Lab

Damien Ball balld at gcs.k12.nc.us
Tue Nov 18 16:42:21 EST 2008

What codec are you going to on each side of the 2811?  Just wondering in case it makes a difference if you have to decompress the codecs (if you're using something other than G.711) at the 2811.

Damien Ball
Network Engineer
A+, CCNA, ACDT, ACTC
Granville County Schools
Technology Department
101 Delacroix St.
Oxford, NC 27565
Office:  (919) 693-4613
Fax:  (919) 693-7391

>>> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at  4:25 PM, in message <CBBF2C7B2547D14A910A349B58810AC23E3DF2137E at mncmx1.NWNIT.CORP>, Mike Louis <MLouis at nwnit.com> wrote:

I am in the process of building a lab for studying for the CCIE Voice. I am looking at the 2811 CCME Bundle and I had a couple questions.

When purchasing the 2811 bundle you get 1 PVDM16. I would like to use 1 of these for a PSTN router with 3 1Port MFT cards in it. Will the PVDM2-16 be able to be shared across all three cards as long as the voice calls are low? Should I go with multiple PVDMs for this or just go with 1 larger unit?

On the remote sites, I was planning on sticking with PVDM-16s but the HQ I was going to upgrade to a 32 for conferencing.

Any thoughts?

Mike Louis

Senior Solutions Architect

CCIE  #17082 (R&S)

NWN, Inc

mobile:336.253.5247

mlouis at nwnit.com

Note: This message and any attachments is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, legally privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the original sender immediately by telephone or return email and destroy or delete this message along with any attachments immediately.

The Granville County School System does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, religion, or age in its programs or activities. If you have an inquiry regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact: Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources and Operations Granville County Schools, Oxford, North Carolina 27565, 919-693-4613. http://www.gcs.k12.nc.us