[cisco-voip] ilbc codec and DevicePool for a Transcoder?

Anthony Kouloglou akoulgr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 12:25:20 EST 2008

Hi,
1. i have configured an Enhanced IOS transcoder to be used by several remote
devices that want to use iLBC with the central site.
2. The sccp transcoder is registered with the CUCM 6.1 ok. (ilbc is included
in the sccp profile)
3. I have configured 2 regions one for the central site and one for the
remote. Audio codec between them is iLBC.
4. I have configured a media resource group containing only the above
transcoder.
5. I have also configured 2 device pools: each pool has one region of the
above (step 3)

What must the media resource list be like in order for the configuration to
work?
What is the meaning of assigning a device pool inside the transcoder since
the transcoder is in a MRGL which inturn is used by a device pool?

Thanks a lot
Anthony