[cisco-voip] mgcp BRI failure

James Jung James.Jung at telecom.co.nz
Thu Nov 20 21:28:55 EST 2008

Hi all

I have a problem and it has happened 7 times already this year.

A remote office use 2 BRI circuits controlled by CCM (4.1.3) using MGCP.

No one can make inbound and outbound call when it happens, and the isdn
status shows "Multiple-Frame.... Established" but when I make a test
call from PSTN, the q931 shows

*Nov 21 10:10:54: ISDN BR0/0/0 Q931: RX <- SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x1A

        Sending Complete

        Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3

                Standard = CCITT

                Transfer Capability = Speech

                Transfer Mode = Circuit

                Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

        Channel ID i = 0x89

        Signal i = 0x40 - Alerting on - pattern 0

        Called Party Number i = 0x80, '2551694'

                Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

        High Layer Compat i = 0x9181

*Nov 21 10:10:54: ISDN BR0/0/0 Q931: TX -> RELEASE_COMP pd = 8  callref
= 0x9A

        Cause i = 0x80AC - Requested circuit/channel not available

And after bouncing the bri interface or no mgcp and mgcp command, it
works fine.

Anyone can tell me what would be the cause and how to avoid this
problem?

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

JJ.