[cisco-voip] IPT Network with G729.

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Wed Nov 26 16:58:07 EST 2008

UCCX 4x added G.729, however you have to re-install to switch codecs.
It's a permanent choice, any codec change requires re-install with UCCX.
I've found music or prompts don't sound good at G729.

The one install I did using G729 with UCCX 4.0(5) I had to re-install
using G711 when the music on hold sounded horrible.

In general my opinion is that any "contact center" with customers should
sound crystal clear.  If I'm at home and pickup the phone and hear
choppy or static or a pause then I know it's an outbound campaign dialer
with someone from India trying to sell me protection for my Discover
card.