[cisco-voip] Dial-Plan Advice

Estes, Timothy TimothyEstes at spherion.com
Sun Nov 30 19:40:33 EST 2008

I have 75 of 300 branches (1500 of 4000 phones) converted on my current project. I'm using 10 digit DNs that are equal to the NPA-NXX-XXXX of the station. If the station does not have a DID I use a 100-YYY-ZZZZ where Y and Z are determined on a calculation based on the voice subnet of the site, making it unique. Dialing within a site is done with 4-10 digit translation patterns. Site to site dialing is caught with 9-1-NPA-NXXX translation patterns that I put in my "global" partition. AAR works, no access codes, no site codes. It has its disadvantages, Unity hates it, plenty of other issues, but nothing I haven't overcome yet.

Timothy Estes
ACS
Ft. Lauderdale FL