[cisco-voip] CMBE 6.1 - heartbeat timeout error

Joe Cisco smetsysocsic at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 16:31:58 EDT 2008

Background: CMBE 6.1 - single server also running UConn. About every 3
or 4 days we get the following email from RTMT:

At <<WEEKDAY>> <<MONTH>>  <<DAY>> <<TIMESTAMP>> <<TIMEZONE>> <<YEAR>>
on node <<IP-OF-SERVER>>, the following SyslogSeverityMatchFound
events generated: SeverityMatch - Critical CTIManager: 1: <<MONTH>>
<<DAY>> <<TIMESTAMP>> UTC :
%CCM_CTI-CTI-2-kCtiProviderCloseHeartbeatTimeout: CTI heartbeat
timeout; provider closing. App ID:Cisco CTIManager Cluster
ID:StandAloneCluster Node ID:<<SERVERNAME>> Process
ID:CiscoTSP001-<<IP-OF-SERVER>>9 Process ID:11532 Process
Name:CtiHandler

After we receive this error users begin complaining about quality of
calls, both inside (cisco phone to cisco phone) as well as calls out
to the PSTN. They say the calls sound "garbled". Any ideas as to what
is causing this?

A simple reboot resolves the issue, but that's not practical.

Thanks,

-Joe C.