[cisco-voip] Monitor status of line in CM 4.1

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 21:29:13 EDT 2008

There is a parameter called always use prime line that might help. its
global though. That way they can't answer other lines accidentally.

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 10:52 AM, Chase Mergenthal <
chase at nothingbutnetllc.com> wrote:

> In call manager 4.1 is there a way to have a line on a phone where someone
> can see if there is a VM on a line or see if someone is on the line, but not
> answer calls on that line? I have a line shared on 4 phones, and 3 out of
> the 4 are accidentally picking up calls, when all they want to do is monitor
> the line...
> I set "Ring Setting (Phone Idle)" and "Ring Setting (Phone Active)**" to
> disable.

Ed Leatherman
Assistant Director, Voice Services
West Virginia University
Telecommunications and Network Operations