[cisco-voip] Monitor status of line in CM 4.1

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Tue Sep 23 21:48:23 EDT 2008

Upgrade and get BLF.

From: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Ed Leatherman
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 9:29 PM
To: Chase Mergenthal
Cc: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Monitor status of line in CM 4.1

There is a parameter called always use prime line that might help. its global though. That way they can't answer other lines accidentally.

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 10:52 AM, Chase Mergenthal <chase at nothingbutnetllc.com> wrote:

In call manager 4.1 is there a way to have a line on a phone where someone can see if there is a VM on a line or see if someone is on the line, but not answer calls on that line? I have a line shared on 4 phones, and 3 out of the 4 are accidentally picking up calls, when all they want to do is monitor the line...
I set "Ring Setting (Phone Idle)" and "Ring Setting (Phone Active)**" to disable.

Ed Leatherman
Assistant Director, Voice Services
West Virginia University
Telecommunications and Network Operations

Disclaimer:

from your computer. Thank you.