[cisco-voip] CUCM 6.1 or 7 Publisher IP address change

Nick csvoip at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 2 10:30:31 EDT 2009

Has anyone successfully completed an IP address change of the Publisher on
either version 6.1(2) or 7.0(1) I heard that although there is a Cisco
document for this that they were going to pull the support for it as it
rarely works?

Also if this fails and I have to complete a restore is it possible to build
the Publisher with the new IP address and complete the restore or will
the IP address change mess things up.

If not what sort of contingincy plans would you allow for?