[cisco-voip] Agent Desktop Issue

Jim Reed IMCEAEX-_O=SWIFT+20NEWS_OU=EXCHANGE+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP+20+28FYDIBOHF23SPDLT+29_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=JREED at swiftcom.com
Thu Apr 2 17:11:36 EDT 2009

Thanks, Joe.  Looks like Windows firewall was the culprit.  Logged in as administrator and turned it off.  The telnet from the IPCC server to the client worked as it should.  Have had the agent reports window open for several minutes now on the agent machine with no problem.  Thanks again to everyone who responded.

On 4/2/09 3:00 PM, "Joe Snyder (joesnyde)" <joesnyde at cisco.com> wrote:

Can you have the agent go ready? I wouldn't think it would make a difference but couldn't hurt to test. But it looks like CRS  cannot communicate with CAD on the agent desktop over port 59020 going from CRS -> Agent PC.

Can you see if a firewall or something might be blocking the port?

I did see you last email, that the white pop up appears if you go the other direction. Agent PC -> CRS.

Joe

________________________________
From: Jim Reed [mailto:IMCEAEX-_O=SWIFT+20NEWS_OU=EXCHANGE+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP+20+28FYDIBOHF23SPDLT+29_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=JREED at swiftcom.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2009 1:52 PM
To: Joe Snyder (joesnyde)
Subject: Re: Agent Desktop Issue

Joe,
Interestingly enough, I am getting the following message when I try to telnet from the IPCC server to the agent machine.  CAD is running but the agent is not in a ready state.  Don't know if that makes a difference or not.

C:\>telnet 10.10.0.154 59020
Connecting To 10.10.0.154...Could not open a connection to host on port 59020 :
Connect failed

C:\>

On 4/2/09 2:49 PM, "Joe Snyder (joesnyde)" <joesnyde at cisco.com> wrote:

Check the firewall or ports being blocked on that users PC.

Here is a way to  test connectivity when communication issues are observed in the CAD or  CSD:

>From CRS server to agent: telnet <agent PC IP address>  59020

(CAD must be running)

>From CRS server to supervisor:  telnet <supervisor IP address> 59021

(CSD must be  running)

>From agent to CRS server: telnet <CRS server IP address>  59000

>From supervisor to CRS server: telnet <CRS server IP  address> 59000

If it works you should have a blank prompt or  window.

The port range: 59000-59030 should be wide open. This is  between all supervisors (CSD), agents (CAD), and the UCCX  server(s).

Joe