[cisco-voip] Cisco IP Phone Agent - configuration help

Micah Bennett mbennett at als-xtn.com
Fri Apr 3 10:40:10 EDT 2009

Hello All

CCM 4.2(3)
CRS 4.0(5) Premium

In our current deployment, we use extension mobility and all call center
agents use Cisco Agent Desktop (6.1.4.5) to connect to the CRS system
for calls.

I have a new group of agents coming on in a few weeks that need to use
the Cisco IP Phone Agent option instead of the CAD software.  Their
phones will be on my network, but their PCs will not be.

I need some direction on setting this up.

I assume the service has to be enabled on the Call Manager so that I can
assign it to my 7940 phones.  I can't seem to find any directions on how
to do this.

Is that the main part?  I understand from my previous post that running
some agents on CAD and some on IPPA should not be a problem.  They all
show up the same for the supervisor view and have similar options (on
phone and software).

Does turning on any of this stuff such as the service, require a reboot
or outage of the systems.  If so, I will need to coordinate that for the
off hours.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Micah Bennett
Telecommunications Admin