[cisco-voip] Cisco IP Phone Agent - configuration help

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 11:11:14 EDT 2009

Doesn't require an outage to turn on that I can remember. The service
URL and configuration for the CM side of things should be in the CRS
docs, if I get a chance to dig it up I will pass it along but you
should be able to find it, probably not in the main crs administrator
guide its probably in the CAD install guide or something similar.

IP phone will of course need associated with your rmjtapi user.

You will also need a user account called "telecaster" that will need
to be associated with the IP Phone. the setup info for this account
should be with the other configuration instructions. I think the
password for that account is also "telecaster"

Those are the only things I can remember offhand.

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Micah Bennett <mbennett at als-xtn.com> wrote:
> Hello All
>
> CCM 4.2(3)
>
> CRS 4.0(5) Premium
>
> In our current deployment, we use extension mobility and all call center
> agents use Cisco Agent Desktop (6.1.4.5) to connect to the CRS system for
> calls.
>
> I have a new group of agents coming on in a few weeks that need to use the
> Cisco IP Phone Agent option instead of the CAD software.  Their phones will
> be on my network, but their PCs will not be.
>
> I need some direction on setting this up.
>
> I assume the service has to be enabled on the Call Manager so that I can
> assign it to my 7940 phones.  I can’t seem to find any directions on how to
> do this.
>
> Is that the main part?  I understand from my previous post that running some
> agents on CAD and some on IPPA should not be a problem.  They all show up
> the same for the supervisor view and have similar options (on phone and
> software).
>
> Does turning on any of this stuff such as the service, require a reboot or
> outage of the systems.  If so, I will need to coordinate that for the off
> hours.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Micah Bennett
>
> Telecommunications Admin
>
> Active Outdoors

Ed Leatherman
Assistant Director, Voice Services
West Virginia University
Telecommunications and Network Operations