[cisco-voip] CCM 4.2(3) - Disable RIP

Justin Kennedy jkennedy at sofs.cc
Tue Apr 7 11:49:37 EDT 2009

Has anyone been able to disable RIP on a 4.2 call manager?

I am by no means a Windows guy, more experience with Linux. Looking for the "RIP Listener" process has been futile, as it looks like Cisco has not used a canned MS RIP implementation.

I have a 4.2(3) subscriber connected to a satellite network that uses RIPv2 to advertise routes to an upstream router. We need to keep RIP enabled on both the satellite hub and the upstream router. The rip updates are causing the subscriber at the HUB to lose IP connectivity to the publisher when our WAN link bounces. If flush the route table at the subscriber the problem is resolved for a few months - until the WAN link bounces.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01C9B76E.8B7CD770]

Justin Kennedy
Stallion Oilfield Services
StaRComm VSAT Administrator