[cisco-voip] MWI Request Pending ON

Steven Sarte steven.sarte at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 13:18:21 EDT 2009

This was the error which is now fixed because of ACL's were blocking
access to the domain controller.

Event Type:	Warning
Event Source:	CiscoUnity_DSAD
Event Category:	Warning
Event ID:	1017
Date:		4/6/2009
Time:		1:17:52 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	UNITY01P
The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) is
skipping a synchronization cycle because it failed to connect to
domain controller XXXXXXXSDC1.york-claims.com. Ensure that the server
is accessible and is configured as a domain controller, and that no
DNS issues exist. The service has failed to connect to this domain
controller for 14 consecutive synchronization cycle(s). After 15
consecutive failed connection(s), The Cisco Unity service that
monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) will attempt to connect to a
different domain controller.

Diagnostic Info:

Domain Controller: XXXXXXXDC1.york-claims.com
Binding String: LDAP://XXXXXXXXDC1.XXXXXXXXX.com:389/ROOTDSE
Error Code: ERROR_DS_UNAVAILABLE

I do have traces from CM and I see that Unity does contact callmanager
to set the MWI.

Thanks,
Steven