[cisco-voip] Block Caller ID? 2nd request

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 15:57:52 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Lisa Notarianni
<notariannil1 at scranton.edu> wrote:
> Has anyone ever needed to block all outgoing information that appears on
> caller ID boxes?  I have a department that must keep information
> confidential - it relates to privacy act.  My problem is that I have no way
> of blocking the Caller ID data from showing University of Scranton and our
> PRI number at minimum.  Can I possibly convert these users to VoIP and do
> this?  Masking in CUCM will not help.

I'm pretty sure that you received responses the first time around that
essentially said, "This is provider dependent".

On our H.323 gateways, we put "clid restrict" in the dial peer for
calls that we want to go outbound without caller name or number.

As far as providers, we've found that ATT honors the "don't send
anything" that we configure on our dialpeers, but Verizon was
inserting the BTN (billing telephone number) if we did a clid restrict
and we couldn't convince them not to, so once our contract expired we
cancelled our PRIs with them.  This may or may not still be the case.