[cisco-voip] translation Pattern and Caller ID (CLIP)

Reto Gassmann voip at mrga.ch
Wed Apr 8 08:36:56 EDT 2009

Hello Group

We run a CallManager 4.2(3) cluster and a IPCC 7.2 Callcenter with an
outbound dialer.

We want to change the CLID for some campaigns and found a description how to
do that:

Outbound Option allows you to configure up to five prefix digits for dialed
numbers in a campaign. If you configure a prefix, it will be inserted before
the Dial prefix for all numbers dialed in a campaign. This prefix allows an
administrator to create campaign-specific Unified CM translation patterns,
which you can use to tailor the ANI seen by a customer by campaign. For
example, all customers dialed from Campaign A will see a caller ID of
"1-800-333-4444,"while all customers dialed from Campaign B will see a
caller ID of "1-800-555-1212." The prefix digits are always prepended to the
beginning of the number, so that they can easily be stripped using
translation patterns.

Now I tried to set up this translation pattern, but I could not figure out
how I can change the caller ID. I can only block sending the caller ID when
I set Calling Line ID Presentation to Restricted.

How can I change the caller ID on outgoing calls?

Thanks for help

Reto