[cisco-voip] Database communication error in Presence 7.0

phani kumar kanuri phanivoip at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 08:58:30 EDT 2009

I am sure that i am using the right login and password , I am seeing many
services shows stopping and some shows component not found ,could not able
to bring up the services . I could able to login to OS Admin but not the
Presence Application.

Any way that i can make it work other than reinstall?

admin:utils service list

Requesting service status, please wait...
System SSH [STARTED]
Cluster Manager [STARTED]
Service Manager is running
Getting list of all services
>> Return code = 0
A Cisco DB[STOPPED]  Component is not running
A Cisco DB Replicator[STARTED]
Cisco AMC Service[STARTED]
Cisco AXL Web Service[STOPPING]
Cisco CDP[STARTED]
Cisco CDP Agent[STARTED]
Cisco CallManager Admin[STOPPING]
Cisco CallManager Serviceability[STOPPING]
Cisco CallManager Serviceability RTMT[STOPPING]
Cisco Certificate Expiry Monitor[STARTED]
Cisco DRF Local[STARTED]
Cisco DRF Master[STARTED]
Cisco Database Layer Monitor[STARTED]
Cisco License Manager[STARTED]
Cisco Log Partition Monitoring Tool[STARTED]
Cisco RIS Data Collector[STARTED]
Cisco RTMT Reporter Servlet[STOPPING]
Cisco Syslog Agent[STARTED]
Cisco Tomcat[STOPPED]  Component is not running
Cisco Tomcat Stats Servlet[STOPPING]
Cisco Trace Collection Service[STARTED]
Cisco Trace Collection Servlet[STOPPING]
Cisco UP Client Profile Agent[STOPPING]
Cisco UP Config Agent[STOPPED]  Component is not running
Cisco UP Intercluster Sync Agent[STARTED]
Cisco UP OAM Agent[STARTED]
Cisco UP Presence Engine[STOPPED]  Component is not running
Cisco UP Presence Engine Database[STARTED]
Cisco UP SIP Proxy[STARTED]
Cisco UP Sync Agent[STOPPED]  Component is not running
Host Resources Agent[STARTED]
MIB2 Agent[STARTED]
Native Agent Adapter[STARTED]
SNMP Master Agent[STOPPED]  Component is not running
SOAP -Log Collection APIs[STARTED]
SOAP -Performance Monitoring APIs[STARTED]
SOAP -Real-Time Service APIs[STARTED]
System Application Agent[STARTED]
Cisco Bulk Provisioning Service[STOPPED]  Service Not Activated
Cisco Serviceability Reporter[STOPPED]  Service Not Activated
Service Manager is running
Getting list of all services
Service Manager is currently busy, please try again in a few minutes

Thanks,
Phani