[cisco-voip] Build and Restore Unity and UCCx

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 18:16:11 EDT 2009

Come on.... the licensing alone for the Unity or UCCx each is only about
$10k not including the HW.

just kidding.  I'm in the same boat.

Unity VMO Im not sure but Unity UM I can build in about 6 hours and restore
included without much problem (just did it las year when I found out I
didn't have large enough partitions upgrading from Unity 4 to 5 =)

DiRT restore is very short.... Somewhere around 30 minutes.

UCCx takes a little longer due to OS updates and application updates.

bare UCCx install i'm guessing about 8 hours and another 30 minutes for the
restore (or just for the restore).

Unity now supports VMware, I believe.  I sure would but your looking @ about
$10k for the licensing from what I can remember.

if you have a unity server ready..... just remember you have to keep it up
to date just like you do your unity server so when you do your restore you
are on the same versions / BARS / etc.

just my 2 cents

YMMV

Scott