[cisco-voip] Build and Restore Unity and UCCx

Jeff Ruttman ruttmanj at carewisc.org
Tue Apr 14 15:14:43 EDT 2009

Greetings,

We're running Unity and UCCx 5.0 and thinking of some DR possibilities.

On Unity let's estimate 600 subscribers.

What would you say would be the minimum time to install Unity on a bare
server and do a DiRT restore?

What about just the DiRT restore?

On UCCX we have only 4 apps and 2 operators for each app, so I guess
that would be a relatively small BARS restore.

What would you say would be the minimum time to install UCCx and do a
BARS restore?

Would anyone here consider doing Unity on hardware and a Unity VM and
setting them up for failover?

Would anyone here consider doing a barebones Unity install on a VM ready
for a DiRT restore off a hardware Unity?

Thanks

Jeff

PS Yes very much would I prefer 2 new HW servers giving both Unity and
UCCx high availability.  I'm just trying to build up the REALLY UGLY
alternatives to NOT buying 2 new servers :-)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this email including attachments is intended for the specific delivery to and use by the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and includes information which should be considered as private and confidential. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please reply to the sender immediately and delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system. Thank you.