[cisco-voip] Direct Upgrade using DMA

Kevin Dunn cheesevoice at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 11:01:18 EDT 2009

Good Moring

I have a PUB and a SUB on 4.1.3(6) and we are going to migrate to CUCM 7
(probably 7.0.2).

I would like to get 2 new servers and place them in my lab, upgrade on those
servers and then just install them into production once I have all the bugs
and gotchyas worked out.  My account team is telling me the servers I buy
have to be EXACT matches to the ones I have in production today.  This is
disheartening since I would like to upgrade from 7835 to 7845's as part of
this process.

Are they feeding me a line of *$&%^ or are they right?

Thanks

Kevin