[cisco-voip] voice card in 2821 router

Michael Muscat michaelm at umcu.org
Thu Apr 23 08:55:20 EDT 2009

I have a new 2821 router using "flash:c2800nm-ipvoicek9-mz.124-23.bin"
and ver 12.4(13r)T IOS.

I have a 2 port T1 WIC installed and working.  I added a 2 port FXO card
(VIC2-2FXO), but when the router comes back up the amber lights stay lit
on the card.  The card is being recognized in the "show ver" but it
won't let me configure any ports on it.  I thought it might be the FXO
card, but I swapped it out with 2 other new one's...same result.  The
weird part is that it's showing up in "show run" but it won't let me use
the "port" command to configure it.  Below is what the "show run" is
displaying.

voice-card 0

 no dspfarm

I have a TAC open with Cisco, and they mentioned that I don't have any
DSP's available.  I figure with only having the 2 port T1 card on a
router of this size, I should be able to add a second card.  Also, I can
create the dial-peer, but the command for to enter the port ("port
0/1/0") is not available.  I am thinking it's something with the version
of flash IOS I put on, but I have other routers using the ipvoice IOS
and it works fine.

ANY THOUGHTS!?!?

Thanks!

Mike