[cisco-voip] voice card in 2821 router

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Thu Apr 23 09:57:16 EDT 2009

Use 'show diag' to get the specific DSP modules you have and run it
through the DSP calculator (www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/DSP/dsp-
calc.pl) to see what you need for a 2-port T1 and 2 FXO ports.

-Ryan

On Apr 23, 2009, at 8:55 AM, Michael Muscat wrote:

I have a new 2821 router using “flash:c2800nm-ipvoicek9-mz.
124-23.bin” and ver 12.4(13r)T IOS.

I have a 2 port T1 WIC installed and working.  I added a 2 port FXO
card (VIC2-2FXO), but when the router comes back up the amber lights
stay lit on the card.  The card is being recognized in the “show ver”
but it won’t let me configure any ports on it.  I thought it might be
the FXO card, but I swapped it out with 2 other new one’s…same
result.  The weird part is that it’s showing up in “show run” but it
won’t let me use the “port” command to configure it.  Below is what
the “show run” is displaying.

voice-card 0

  no dspfarm

I have a TAC open with Cisco, and they mentioned that I don’t have
any DSP’s available.  I figure with only having the 2 port T1 card on
a router of this size, I should be able to add a second card.  Also,
I can create the dial-peer, but the command for to enter the port
(“port 0/1/0”) is not available.  I am thinking it’s something with
the version of flash IOS I put on, but I have other routers using the
ipvoice IOS and it works fine.

ANY THOUGHTS!?!?

Thanks!

Mike