[cisco-voip] HOW I DECOMISSION A PHONE FROM THE SYSTEM

Larry Hadrava lhadrava at ipexpert.com
Thu Apr 23 12:53:33 EDT 2009

Are you using CME or CM / UCM?
The thing that most companies that I work with do is leave the phone in the
system so when they are redeployed, you just change the associated DN
information, etc. You just simly leave the phone unplugged from the network
so it is " not there " and cannot take calls. If you want the extension to
take VM's while the phone is in the unregistered state you can check the
appropaiate boxes under the DN.

Another thing that companies like to do ( especially if the person was a VIP
) is to have the persons Vmail box password changed so old and new messages
can be retrieved.

Larry Hadrava
CCIE #12203 CCNP CCNA
Sr. Support Engineer – IPexpert, Inc.