[cisco-voip] PSA - Thread Hijacking and You

Paul asobihoudai at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 25 16:34:39 EDT 2009

Thread Hijacking

1 - What is it?

2 - Why is it frowned upon?

Thread Hijacking is bad because it's rude, hints of laziness, but most of all it disrupts the continuity of discussion. It also has a major side-effect of making the archives more difficult to search due to the mailing list distributor following a thread ID.

3 - How can I prevent Thread Hijacking?

Whenever you'd like to pose a question to the list, don't reply to someone else's email, erase the contents and subject and compose from there. Always compose a *new* email to <cisco-voip at puck.nether.net> and all will be dandy.

To be fair, I didn't know that I had to compose a new email to create a new thread until I was informed by Lelio. *oops.*

Everyone, let's try to avoid thread hijacking and that will help the list's longevity and maintance in time.