[cisco-voip] Fake phones - Call Forwarding?

Scott Kee SKee at cmsstl.com
Sun Apr 26 22:58:07 EDT 2009

I have VG224 with CM 6.1 and using MGCP.  I have about 18 fax machines plugged into this Voice Gateway.
Sometime early March people started complaining that they weren't receiving faxes from outside.
They were hearing fast busy signal when outside people send faxes to the fax machines that were plugged into the VG 224.
I reloaded VG 224 and power recycled fax machines but it did not make any difference.
I called Cisco TAC and worked on the issue for about 20 hours but did not find any issues.
We RMA the router but it did not make any difference.  We ended up removing the VG224 gateway from CM and recreated it.  That seemed fixed the issues then.

This afternoon, I am seeing exact same issues with VG 224.  It was working fine till now.
I did not make any configuration changes on the VG224...
I am going to call Cisco tomorrow morning but I don't know Cisco is going to do this time?
Is this CM issue or VG?

Does anyone experience this issue?

Any help would really appreciated.

Thanks,