[cisco-voip] XML Services and Idle URL

Pawlowski, Adam ajp26 at buffalo.edu
Mon Apr 27 09:25:13 EDT 2009

I've been tinkering with a little PHP script to throw out XML and open up the status window, using CiscoIPPhoneStatus or CiscoIPPhoneStatusFile, depending on which model of phone calls it.

On the 7940/60 there's no problem, it opens the CIF data version and comes up fine.

On the 41/61 that I have here, it will work fine if I push the url to the phone manually, but if it grabs it as an idle url, it opens a Services window, with nothing in it, that sys "Select Service..." at the bottom, with an exit softkey. I don't know where this is coming from, that isn't what is displayed with I press services. The window sits on top of everything (even incoming calls) until I close it. The phone also stops making Idle URL requests until it is closed.

Has anyone had this happen before? The only explanation I can find is from an old post where someone had that happen, when the phone timed out trying to retrieve a resource from the server, but the script works just dandy outside of being an idle url. Just looking for more places to tinker on this.

Thanks,

Adam Pawlowski
CIT/OSS Repair Services
University at Buffalo