[cisco-voip] XML Services and Idle URL

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Mon Apr 27 10:05:49 EDT 2009

The window you see on the 79x1 is called the "service pane".  The
service pane is displayed any time 'services features' are invoked.
IdleURL happens to be a service feature. If it is blank instead of
displaying your content something went wrong with retrieval or rendering
of the content.  If you point web browser to the IP of the phone you can
view logs to see if threw any errors on rendering.  For retrieval errors
your best friend is a packet capture.  Set 'span to pc' enabled on the
device configuration page in ccmadmin and then just plug your laptop
into the back of the phone and start a sniffer running.  You may have to
take some special steps to get your pc to capture dot1q tagged frames.
Google can help with that.

/Wes