[cisco-voip] CCX - seats

Sam Hall SamHall at wiseman-dairies.co.uk
Tue Apr 28 08:00:09 EDT 2009

Hi

We have a 10 seat CCX v5.0.2 setup with around 16 agents.  Over
subscription to application (A) is never usually a problem as a maximum of
10 agents are logged in at one time, though this could change without us
knowing - emergency for example - but still this app is not that
important.

Recently we have been asked to accomodate a new application (B) with
another 10 seats/agents, which we need to buy 1-1 licensing for as all
agents are going to be logged at the same time.

If (A) grows without us knowing and has 12 agents logged in before the 10
for (B) log in = over subscription/denied, this cant happen, we need to
have 10 licences for (B) at all times.

Simple answer is to buy enough licences but is there a cheeky way to
allocate 10 licences to (B) at all times so (A) can never "steal" (B)'s
licences? or is it a battle that cant be won?

Also is there a way to set up an alert / search from application log to
see if licencing has been breached before?  i.e event ID?

Thanks

Sam
----
Sam Hall
Robert Wiseman & Sons
Ext: 6655
Tel: +44 (0)1355 270655
samhall at wiseman-dairies.co.uk
www.wiseman-dairies.co.uk
159 Glasgow Road, East Kilbride, Glasgow, G74 4PA